Sunday, December 26, 2010

Boxing Day and off to Melbourne


Today is Boxing Day in Australia, a national holiday and also known as one of the biggest shopping days of the year, similar to Black Friday after Thanksgiving in the states. We have planned a picnic at Manly dam and will be heading there within the hour.

Tonight Rose, Jess, and I are flying to Melbourne for a 10-day trip! We'll be spending the first few days with Annie and Aiden in the city, and then driving down to Mornington Peninsula where we rented a house on the beach for a few days.

I'm attending my first cricket match tomorrow, Australia vs. England! I've never seen a game of cricket played before and know nothing about the rules of the game, but have purchased some green and gold gear and face paint, so I'm sure I'll fit right in.

I won't be bringing my computer to Melbourne so may not get too much blogging in these next two weeks. Happy New Year to my family and friends back home! And a huge GOOD LUCK! and ON WISCONSIN! to my beloved Badgers playing in the Rose Bowl on January 1. Wherever I am that day, you can guarantee I'll be wearing red.