Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hunter Valley






The Hunter Valley is located about an hour drive from Sydney, and it home to an abundance of wineries. Annie, Rose, and I rented bicycles for the day to begin our wine tour. Little did we realize the temperature that day would reach well into the 90s - not the best weather to be drinking and bike riding in. By the time we arrived at the first tasting we were glistening with sweat and begging for water.

Nevertheless the afternoon, which included many glasses of Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Shiraz, about 15 different types of champagne, lunch of olive bread, triple cream brie and smoked gouda, and about 10 miles of bike riding through the hills, was one of the most beautiful - and fun - days I have had on this experience so far. I mentioned to Mom I wanted a destination wedding...I wonder if the Hunter Valley would be considered too far.