Saturday, January 22, 2011

hello beach time, peace out bed bugs!

Photobucket

It’s been a hectic few days here in Australia that’s left my body a sight for sore eyes. On day two of my road trip I got stung by a blue bottle jelly fish; on day three I woke up with bed bugs; on the afternoon of day three I got bit by an ant (yes, ants bite in this country, and it really stings); on the evening of day three I did laundry to kill any possible remaining bed bugs and turned every last white sock, bra, and t-shirt a blue-ish gray; and on day four I woke up with infected mosquito bites on my right arm that swelled to the size of silver dollars.

To put it bluntly, I am incredibly ITCHY!

Aside from all that, and a brief cry, I had a great week-long road trip, making stops in Hunter Valley, Byron Bay, Nimbin, and Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast. I’ve got lots of pictures to share but am exhausted from the 11-hour drive back to Sydney (yours truly even shared some of the driving), so stay tuned for details.