Thursday, March 10, 2011

Farewell to Beth



I haven’t blogged much about the people I’ve met throughout this experience. Traveling alone has been humbling, challenging, and quite exhausting at times, but luckily I met some cool and interesting people early on who I have traveled much of the coast with. One such person is Beth; she hails from the English countryside and rides horses for a living. We could not be more different – she missed her stables, tweed jackets and cowgirl boots, while I yearned for a pedicure and night out in high heels. She doesn’t even own a computer! Yet we struck up a close friendship, and she has been a huge part of these past few weeks in Australia. Beth left to go back home today after four months of traveling, and slipped this note under my door in the wee hours this morning before heading to catch her flight.

To Shira, Princess of Power!!
Firstly, thank you for making my east coast trip awesome and memorable. I think we can both say it’s been a rollercoaster, from rafting to roaches to skydives and skinny dipping. It wouldn’t have been the same without you and there’s no one else I’d choose to be by my side. We definitely have some stories to tell when we get home. We couldn’t have more separate lives but somehow we found a beautiful balance. Continue to have as much fun on the rest of your travels. I’ll be thinking of you. “Tomorrow do your worst for I have lived today.” Never stop being you, and thanks for the memories.
All my love,
Beth

To experience the true feeling of joy, you much have someone to share it with
Mark Twain