Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood


I've been on the hunt for a cozy neighborhood bistro near my apartment in Tel Aviv since I moved in a few weeks ago. I live on King George Street not far from the Carmel Market (also known as the shuk), and anyone who is familiar with the area knows it's not so "neighborhoodie." So I was excited when this weekend my friend Rebecca told me about a cafe with a backyard garden called Sonya Getzel Shapira, which turns out is literally 50 feet from my apartment! I spent the day there writing, finishing off a plate of shakshuka, and feeding a little bird with my leftovers. Oh, and taking pictures in their retro bathroom.






How fun is the bathroom? Silver records contrast the black-and-white tiles. 
Can you 1. find me? and 2. find the toilet?



Sonya Getzel Shapira 1 Simta Alnomit; 077/527-1234