Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bula!

Sydney! Is gorgeous and very sunny and full of beautiful people.

Try not to be too jealous, but within 4 hours of landing I was sitting poolside at Rose's house (sorry to brag, I know it's freezing in NY).

I can't believe after so much waiting and flying I am finally here! Rose and her sister Jess picked me up from the airport, drove me over the Sydney Harbor Bridge, and took me to her parents' house where we'll be staying for the next few days celebrating the Christmas holiday. They have a huge golden retriever named Oscar! It is, I'm sure, the largest dog I have ever seen. And a vegetable patch overgrown with tomatoes, corn, and one very healthy-looking watermelon.

I'm shocked to be still awake and not too jet lag, and grateful my first night here will be spent in a warm home.